Saturday, July 08, 2006

God Camp

Wow!

That's all I really have to say. This past week was A-mazing. There is no doubt in my mind that God planned for me to be there this past week. Even though the leadership at the camp was horrible, and the weather was less than perfect... God worked miracles. We took 16 youths to camp and had a total of 7 decisions to follow Christ and 2 calls to the Ministry.

Wow!

I was one of those called. I have been searching for God's direction for my life for a little over a year now, and I came to this camp wanting to find God's will for my life. God answers prayers. Thursday night, the Justin Cofield Band (Wow!) sand one song called "Send Me". The chorus goes like this...

Send me
I will go
I will give everything to make You known
My joy, You complete
In all I do may You be seen
Send me
Wow!
When those words came on the screen, I just couldn't help it; I knelt down and prayed for God's guidance and will. I prayed that he would affirm a call to the ministry that I had been feeling for some time. The nest song we sang was "You Explode" (see quote of the week).
Wow!
All day friday that was all I could think about. "Send me, I will go.... You explode across the sky... I will give everything to make you known... You explode across my mind... In all I do may You be seen... You explode across my life... Send me."
Wow!
Friday night when James Darby asked all of those who had felt God's call to the ministry this past week to stand; I was humbled to stand not only with one of friends and brothers in Christ, but with 30-40 other young adults whom God is planning awesome things for.
Wow!
What a week! Thank you so much for your prayers. God is good!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey
well this is Christy (FROM CHURCH CAMP) and I just wanted to say i got a blogspot...its girlthatloves.blogspot.com (i'm not sure how to do all of it yet tho) ....and my Myspace is www.myspace.com/chrisybabe15.. and email is chrisybabe15@aol.com so you should keep in touch! alrie well
love in Christ,
Christy Dawn

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i understand the whole thing about myspace... it is kind of dumb, but anyways Tonya and I would love too just come visit you one day!! sound good?
-christy

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!!
SO i JUST READ SOME OF YOUR BLOGS...AND WE SEEM TO HAVE A SiMALAR ViEW ON SOME THiNGS...AND UR A GREAT WRiTER TOO!!

BUT THATS BESiDE MY POiNT...i JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT i THiNK iT iS AWESOME THAT GOD CALLED YOU iNTO MiNiSTRY OVER CAMP...THAT'S AN AWESOME FEELiNG i KNOW!!

AND MAFiA WAS FUNNN...i STiLL DONT GET WHY YOU KiLLED ME!?!? BUT O WELL!! iM GLAD WE BECAME FRiENDS AND i HOPE WE STAY iN TOUCH!!

-YOU SiSTER iN CHRiST
KATRiNA
=]

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! your blogs are soo deep!! I had no idea my little leprecaun buddy was called into God's service!! why didn't you tell me? oh well that's ok! i will pray for ya!

- Becca

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home