Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Coincidence, I think not

“A coincidence is when God performs a miracle and chooses to remain anonymous.” -Anonymous

I want to share a little secret with you… there is no such thing as a coincidence. They simply don’t exist.

Every person I meet, every place I go, every action I take impacts other people.

Imagine this blob of clay. Now imagine that you are this blob lf clay. Now as you’re floating along, God is molding you. He’s shaping you into what he wants you to be. Now imagine that as your floating along and being formed, you bump into another blob of clay. When you collide, you leave an impression on that blob. You make an impact on that blob. And when you collide, you also change course, if ever so slightly. Now God is still molding you, but you’re left with this little impression from your collision. That’s because that blob has impacted your life in some way.

After 18 years of me floating around and being formed by God, I’m left with tons of little impressions from those people whom I’ve met. They’ve impacted my life. Some more than others, but each has left a distinct mark. Also with every little impression, my course changed just a tad. These impacts have helped determine the course of my life.

That’s how God works. He planned for me to impact somebody just as he planned for them to impact me.

The question becomes though, what kind of an impression are you leaving? Is it Godly? Is it worldly? Is it loving? Is it hatred?

God planned for me to meet every person that I’ve met. I can only hope that they can see God in me. I know I’ve left bad impressions before, I’m not perfect. But now that I can see that this is one way in which God uses me, I try to make a Godly impression every time.

There’s no such thing as coincidence.

It’s not a coincidence that you’re reading this right now. It’s not a coincidence that you are where you are. God wants you there.

From now on though, I challenge you to think of this every time you meet someone. You’re meeting them for a reason. Leave a Godly impact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home